Sinhala Typing Tool

One I Remember

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One I Remember

Post  darknoon on 17th December 2015, 19:09

Part 3

It rained last night.

I didn’t want to wake up from the bed. I was still thinking about yesterday and people whom I saw, struggling to make a living.  I thought I was fortunate to have the life I was born into. But for some strange reason also I felt jealous about them. Because of their struggles, I felt they were better equipped to face life’s challenges than me. As far as I remember, my life has been struggle free. I took great care not to do anything that could take me out of my comfort zone. It was all about what I want and how I feel.  I watched others took risk to make life better with a kind of apathy. So far I was happy the way the things worked out. I hope it will continue for the rest of my life. That’s when the phone buzzed. Massage from Asitha and it’s a long one. Why didn’t he tell me about this yesterday?  I wonder. He has always been a shy person so he must have thought this is a better way. I made a quick reply and went to washroom.  When I came out of the room, I didn’t find mamma at the front poach, her favorite place to read daily newspaper in the morning. Instead I found her sleeping in her room.

‘Are you feeling all right’ I broke the silence.

‘I felt tired after I prepared your breakfast, so I thought of taking a nap’ she replied.

‘Shall we go and see a doctor’ I suggested.

‘Not right now. Let’s wait till evening.I will be fine by then’ she assured me.

‘I am going to pick-up Shamalie from the school today’

‘Are you coming for lunch?’ she asked.

‘Don’t think so. I want to take her out for lunch. Asitha sent me a text in the morning’ I said.

‘Is everything all right between them?’ she asked.

‘That’s what I am going to find out. Call me if you need to see the doctor. I will book an appointment on my way’ I said while leaving the house.

Shamalie, is our next door neighbor. She took the same school van with me and Jerome since we were in grade 8. After A/L’s she got a teaching position at the convent to teach English.  She got enough results to go to law faculty but she decided to take-up teaching position instead. I was baffled by her decision. So I asked her why spent so much effort doing  A/L when you have already decided not to go to university. She said she just wanted to see if she can pass the A/L. I still couldn’t understand the logic behind her decision. Shamalie was a not a pretty girl if you didn’t know her. But out of all the girls I knew, she was the one with most beautiful heart.  Her voice was calm and gentle and to be around her was a joy.  Through our connection, she got to know Asitha. They started dating after sometime and that’s as far as I know. It seems things are not going well between them. I parked the car by the school and waited to for her to come out.

‘Look who is here to pick me up!. Hello. Randi, what are you doing here’ she said in excitement.

‘I came to pickup my girlfriend. Did you see her by any chance?’ I said smiling.

‘I know all about you and your girlfriends. Let’s go’ she hopped into the car.

Some of her friends started teasing her when they saw her getting into my car.

‘So where are we going?’ she asked.

‘What about the usual place?’ I was referring to Bambalapitiya - Green Cabin Restaurant.

When we sat down to eat food, her mood got serious.

‘I am not surprised you come like this to meet me. But today I feel it’s different. What’s in your mind?’ she asked.

‘We went to see Asitha yesterday for a private matter. He is doing alright you know..busy with studies. But today he sent me a text. That is what I want to talk about’ I said.

‘What type of private matter you went to see him?’ she was smiling.

‘I cannot tell you. That is why it’s called private. I went with Jerome by the way’

‘Oh, you two.. I think I am going to have a word with Jerome. Is he spoiling you?’ her eyes were looking for clues in me.

‘Owe yeah he is..Anyways I know this is your private life I am questioning.  But what is going on between you? Asitha sounded depressed. Can you please talk to him?’ I asked her.

‘I do talk with him when he called. He is always busy with exams and I have my own life too, you know.’

‘He is in second year, and he said it is the toughest of all. I usually don’t like med school guys because most of them are full of themselves. But Asitha is different character. He is always grounded and a caring guy. Could you please give him another chance? At least until he is done with this year?.’

‘I know who Asitha is Randi. You don’t have to tell me that’ she said in gentle but stern voice.

I didn’t say anything. What else I can say?  I have no experience on my own to advice someone who is in this situation. I smiled and took her hand. 

‘We should go now, otherwise we’ll get stuck in traffic’ she said

We came home around 5pm.

‘I will think about what you said Randi’ she told me as she left the vehicle.

I couldn’t see mamma outside. She always comes out when I return home. I went straight into her room. She was still sleeping. That didn’t look right. I touched her forehead and it was cold. I called her few times but got no response.  That’s when I realized she is not breathing. Suddenly my world went dark. I screamed.

Part 4 next

Last edited by darknoon on 19th December 2015, 05:49; edited 1 time in total

darknoon

Now :

City : colombo
GetReal Gold : 3101

Back to top Go down

Re: One I Remember

Post  Dilan Gomez on 18th December 2015, 14:18

This is good, waiting for the next post...

Dilan Gomez
memebrs with 1 post

Now :

Mood : Still alive

City : Colombo
GetReal Gold : 879

Back to top Go down

Re: One I Remember

Post  darknoon on 21st December 2015, 23:04

Thank you.

darknoon

Now :